Followers

Sunday 10 March 2013

Happy Mother's Day

To all the Mamas out there, Happy Mother's Day. I hope you're all being spoiled rotten! And to those of you mothers who can't be with your children, and all of you who cannot be with your mothers today....big hugs to all of you. 

Today is a very sad day in my house and especially for my mother. In the early hours of the morning, my mother's brother lost his battle with cancer. He passed very peacefully in his sleep with his sisters and brother by his side, and he is free from pain now.. Rest in peace Uncle Jim. 

You know, I think the most heartbreaking thing is seeing deep sadness and pain in your mother's eyes, and not be able to do anything about it...and I never want to see it again :( She's been in the hospital with Jim for the last week and it's an hour's drive away so she's been staying up there, so it will be nice to have her home tonight to take care of her and give her lots of hugs. 

So here's the card I made for my sister to give Mum. I hope you like it. I made it an easel card because both Mum and Sam like the easel cards.


A front view

A sideways view

The image

And a few of the details :)

Ingredients
Diecut Butterfly - Memory Box
Metal Butterfly - Ribbon Girl
Butterfly Charm - Ribbon Girl
Pearls - Ribbon Girl
Swirl - Marianne Design
Medium - Promarkers

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:
Allsorts Challenge Blog - Springtime (kittens, butterflies, flowers...all things new and springlike...can't wait haha)

Thanks for looking, and take care
Tags xx

16 comments:

  1. Great image and a lovely cute card , thanks for joining us at Allsorts this wee. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Tanya and I'm sure your mother will love. I'm so sorry for the loss of your uncle. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is just beautiful! I love the image and pretty embellishments. Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Tanya, the image is adorable and love the colours, the papers are delish.Sorry to hear about your loss, thinking of you.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Tanya. I love the beautifully coloured image and the papers and design are fab.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Tanya. My thoughts are with you and your family.
    I'm sure your mum will love this card, it's gorgeous! The image is so cute and I love the layout and colours.
    Take care
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sorry to hear about the loss of your uncle Tanya - and I'm sure that it'll help your mum so much to have you there for her. and I'm sure she loved her card - it's fantastic.
    hugs,
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tanya, l am so sorry to hear of your loss and l can only hope that time will be a great healer for your mum and your late uncles remaining family it can't be easy to lose any family member my thoughts go out to all of you, your card for your mum Tanya is so beautiful all the attention to detail shows through all of the lovely elements used .....totally stunning take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear your sad news Tanya, thinking of you.
    Your card is adorable and so gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so pretty Tanya and full of Springtime, just perfect for our theme this week.

    Thanks so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. so sorry to hear your sad news tags.
    gorgeous card, the little cat is adorable and really stunning colours and design.
    take care hun.

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous work my dear friend^_^
    Adorable image and lovely colors^_^
    Big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's lovely. Very pretty card. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry to hear about your uncle, Tags.

    Your card is really, really lovely. I think your image is just so cute and great colouring. I love the butterflies and lovely papers.

    Thanks for linking up with us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super card Tanya, the sparkle looks great! Thanks for playing along @ MAWTT this week.
    Happy Crafting
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Tanya, love the butterflies, I have recently bought that die, it is fab! Thanks for sharing with us at Joanna Sheen! Laura xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate them :)